Cryo is a seedbox and streaming media server assembled, deployed, and operated by me with some help from friends.
The following is the current hardware setup:
The machine is physically hosted in a datacenter operated by PsychzNetworks with redundant power and 1 Gbps networking.
The 10TB array is used for the operating system, offsite backups, and application configuration. The 48TB array is used for media, which is easily replaceable.
The server OS is Ubuntu 18.04. Rather than using VMs like we have in the past, for this iteration we manage all of our applications in Docker. This reduces overhead significantly and makes operations easier.
Notable containers we're running:
- Portainer -- GUI for managing docker
- nginx_proxy -- nginx based ingress proxy, allows us to use domains and subdomains instead of ips/ports
- letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion -- generates and signs certs for above
- Showcase -- frontend app directory (by me)
- Plex -- media server
- Jellyfin -- alternative media server, for when we finally ditch Plex
- Tautulli -- Plex monitoring system
- Ombi -- user media requests management app
- SickChill -- tv downloader
- CouchPotato -- movie downloader
- GazelleUI -- music downloader (by me)
- 8x Transmission -- torrent client, multiple copies used to maximize seeding
- CloudCMD -- web based file browser
- Ouroboros -- container auto-updater
- Minecraft -- game server
- A couple dozen wordpress and static site containers, like the one you're viewing now.